Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We hope we can do it

For just only 5 days after the delivery, both me & my wife already having a hard time adjusting our lifesytle to suit our baby. It is not an easy job to become a baby's parents especially when dealing with new born baby & without any experiences at all (1st timer like us). KK always quote to me that "Being a dad & mum is so Great!". A nurse from SYMC also told us before that she started be more tolerate & have better relationship with her mother after she experience the same delivery experience after she gave birth to her baby. We both agree & actually feel the same as well.

Just by sitting beside & see how our confinement nanny do her job is always the easiest way to learn, but I believe we will still become "kelam-kabut" when the time comes to us to do it ourselves.

For example, how to handle our baby during his sun bathing in order to prevent from jaundice ...




... how to breast feed or bottle feed our baby using infant formula milk ...




... more importantly, how to bath the baby ...




... how to change diaper when baby has poo-poo ...




... how to solve on baby's hickup, changing clothes, what to observe when baby cries, & many many more to learn ...

The bad news is that our confinement nanny only works for us for about 2 weeks and she has to return to her hometown at Taipeng for CNY celebration. Her last day will be on 2nd Febuary, whereas our baby's full moon celebration falls on 16th Febuary. In between this period, who will become our nanny??!! Without much choices, I guess I have to take up the responsibility to become my wife's & our baby's nanny for the rest of the day until our baby's full moon.

Thanks t0 my parents who has requested help from my hometown relatives and neighbour to help out in the remaining confinement period. For example, my aunty will be helping on bathing my baby, my neighbour will be helping on the confinement meal, my parents will also engage a cleaning service to take care our laundary & cleaning the house, & many more. I'm really grateful for all these helps, and hopefully, everything will go on smoothly until baby's full moon.

Pictures below was taken on Day 5 where our baby's "Leng Chai Sui Gu" (Uncle) & "Leng Lui Sui Kim" (Aunty) posing with our baby before heading back to Sungai Petani, Kedah




... and here comes his "Cute cute Ah Yee" (Aunty) posing with him as well




Video clip taken on Day 5 (Bathing)

No comments: