Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Daddy's 1st time experience in bathing baby

On 30th Jan 2008, Wednesday evening, is a very special day for me. Our baby is now 14 days old & finally it is my turn to bath him after many detail observations on how the confinement nanny had bath him. First, I had prepared a pool of warm clean water in the baby's bath tub, then a set of baby's clothes (short or long sleeve shirt + long pants + mittens + booties), a towel, baby's oilments & diapers. I did not use any of the baby's shampoo during my first experience in bathing our baby.

Secondly, I have removed our baby's clothes & I think he knew something was very different from his usual bathing time. Both his arms & legs were very busy moving around initially, and then suddenly, he has paused his movement when i'm about to place him to the bath tub. While i'm still wondering what has happened, I felt my leg is getting warmer and that's when I see a little fountain splashing water on my pants!! Haha.. Yeah, you are right. My baby has wee - wee on me, probably he has got so worried that I cannot give him a good bath?! Haha... anyway, I did not bother to get my pants changed, and continue what needs to be done...

I first clean his face with a wet cotton ball by wiping his eyes, then the nose, around his mouth area, forehead, cheeks & areas under the neck. After that, I lay his head a bit lower so that it is easier for me to wash his head. I rinse his head with water and at the same time to make sure no water slip into his ears. At this time, I suspect my baby was scared because I noticed he grip both his hand tightly! haha.. Then I tapped some water on his chest, and gentlely put my baby into the bath tub, adjusting him to sitting position. At that moment, I was pleased to find out that he has finally trusted his dad & started to clam down (his finger has opened up). :p I then proceed to clean his body by lightly rub on his skin and splashing water on his body. When the cleaning was done, I have quickly wrap his body with the towel and pat dry the water as soon as possible. Finally, I apply some oilment on his stomach, and then put on his clean clothes with the fastest speed i could.

Pictures below was taken by my wife recording the bathing process conducted by ME! :p





Wa lah... here comes my baby in his best smell! :p

I am happy & very satisfied after completing my task even though I looked exhausted after several restless nights taking care of both my "BIG" & "SMALL' babies ... :D

No comments: